Premier Protein Review & GiveawayPosted by Claire Walters on Feb 15, 2013 in Food, Gear Reviews | 15 comments
Hello everyone! About a month ago Premier Protein contacted me asking if they can send a package of their products for me to taste and review.
I try to keep a high protein diet with low sugar – so when they asked I was quite interested to taste their products & see how it would work with my diet.
When I received the package it included;
- 6 Premier Protein meal replacement bars: 2 bars in each flavor (Chocolate Peanut Butter, Double Chocolate Crunch and Yogurt Peanut Butter Crunch)
- 4 Premier Protein shakes: 2 shakes in each flavor (Chocolate and Vanilla)
- Premier Protein nylon bag
- Premier Protein shirt
- Premier Protein Crisp bars: Chocolate Mint, Honey Caramel and Peanut Butter Caramel
Almost immediately I opened a vanilla shake drink. I was quite impressed! The flavor to me was
a real vanilla with no aftertaste. In the past I have found other protein drinks that leave an aftertaste or just taste fake. The chocolate was even better – I was in love!. I usually prefer vanilla protein shakes/ powders – however in this case, for me, the chocolate would win over the vanilla.
The real test for me was how soon will I feel hungry after drinking one of their shakes. I work from home & find myself often looking for snacks.(fast metabolism) I can say this shake passed the test!. I worked for the rest of the afternoon & wasn’t constantly looking for a snack.
The rest of the drinks went in the refrigerator. I continued to drink one a day – either before lunch or after lunch for a mid afternoon supplement. Each day I was not looking for a snack every two hours.
Here’s some info from the Premier Protein web site about their shake drinks.
- 30 grams of healthy protein, including all of the essential amino acids.
- 24 vitamins and minerals.
- An excellent source of calcium.
- Just 160 calories.
- Low in fat and only one gram of sugar.
Pros: High proteins, several vitamins & minerals, low sugar. The containers seem strong & durable to carry in a backpack.
Cons: None that I can think of from my experience.
Protein meal replacement bars:
My first choice of protein bar to open was the Premier Protein meal replacement bar double chocolate flavor. First impression was that it was a bit hard. For me this is a personal preference – where I prefer chewy chocolate chip cookies vs crunchy. The chocolate flavor is more so a dark chocolate flavor vs milk chocolate. I enjoyed the flavor of the other bars.
Pros: They have a high protein content – the highest I have personally tried/ seen so far. Low sugar.
Cons: For my preference, these bars were a little too hard.
Here’s some info from the Premier Protein web site about their meal replacement bars.
- 30 grams of healthy protein.
- Three grams of fiber.
- A good source of calcium.
- 0 grams of trans fat and hydrogenated oils and no high fructose corn syrup.
Crisp bars: Then I went on to the crisp bars. I couldn’t get enough of the chocolate mint! I hardly eat sweets. In my opinion most foods with low sugar never taste that good. These bars have 7grams of sugar – where for me I’d prefer a bit lower. However, compared to others on the market this amount I would not consider high. As far as hardness & texture -these were easy for me to bite & chew. The crunch was fun!
Here’s some info from the Premier Protein web site about their crisp bars.
- 15 grams of healthy protein.
- Excellent source of fiber.
- Gluten Free.
- No artificial flavors or colors.
Where can you purchase Premier Protein products you ask?
After posting a few pictures on my facebook page a few people asked where they can purchase the Premier protein products. Wal-mart & Costco seem to be two of the stores I noticed where they are distributed. Depending on your geographic location there may be other stores available. Their web site has a great map with retail store locator . http://premierprotein.com/where-to-buy/
If you’re looking for a high protein snack I would suggest trying any one of these products. There’s several to choose from depending on your favorite flavors.
Overall this was a good experience for me and now Premier Protein wants to pass on that fun experience to others. They are giving away the items listed below to FIVE WINNERS. Use the entry form to place your entries. You can earn up to 6 entries!
To enter leave a comment below, follow on Twitter or Facebook or tweet about the giveaway to gain extra entries. Help spread the word about Outdoortrailgear and Premier Protein products and in return you can win free stuff. Who doesn’t like free stuff? The giveway will end on Friday Feb 22nd. Good luck!
5 winners (U.S. only) will receive:
- 3 Premier Protein meal replacement bars: 1 bar in each flavor (Chocolate Peanut Butter, Double Chocolate Crunch and Yogurt Peanut Butter Crunch)
- 3 Premier Protein Crisp bars: 1 bar in each flavor (Chocolate Mint, Honey Caramel and Peanut Butter Caramel)
- 4 Premier Protein shakes: 2 shakes in each flavor (chocolate and vanilla)
- Premier Protein nylon bag